Articles for the first class

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Articles for the first class

Post by guoqiang054 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:13 pm

In our tradition culture. We call it. Move born Yang, static born Yin. You must balance the Yin and Yang. Meditate is very good pattern to peace of your mind. You can focus on your breath at first. Otherwise, you have money mind. You can feel your body and you blood. Meditate is a good exercise to understand yourself.

guoqiang054

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kikodai on Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:05 pm

The two articles demonstrate two contrary phenomenons: most people find it’s hard to sit down for meditation without the Money Mind, but when it comes to the test that requires people to sit in a room just thinking and could not connect with the outside world, most of them are desperate for distraction even it’s a electronic shock. Although they’re contrary phenomenons, essentially they reflect the same problem—to concentrate on one thing is not easy. nowadays we are busy with work, family and social networks, to clear our mind for a while would help to get the brain a rest as well as improve the efficiency in doing everything. Using the way which the first article tells: get out of the head and reconnect with your body, feel from head to toe, take a deep breath and repeat, will help us tame the money mind. In general, helpful articles.

kikodai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stakeachancez on Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:30 pm

After reading the two articles that are related to the concepts of “what are thoughts and how to think,” apparently “the monkey mind and the conceptual mind are both human-natures I believed. Monkey mind are frequently used in our Chinese four-character idioms with “yima”, and we called it as “xinyuanyima”, means that human’s motion is in a restless and jumpy mood. However, we are unable to ignore or refuse these kinds of mind, but we can practice and train ourselves to accommodate the monkey in our mind. Hold your breath, let everything go, and make yourself ready. For the second article, I don’t recall seeing any people around my life would be significant. For instance, I like to sit or lie down alone and let my mind wander. Honestly, I totally enjoy the thinking time, because I can manage my mind and plan to do something in the meditation. On the other hand, I totally understand that many people have no ideas how to enjoy thinking alone. Maybe they move a bit fast in the fast-paced society like Shanghai; simultaneously, many of them suffer much pressure from the issues from both work and family. Therefore, they might need to be entertained every single minute by something on social Media or smart phones. BTW, I was impressed by “the 190 electric shocks in 15 minutes.” That’s all I can say is WOW, Awesome! LOL

stakeachancez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joyceken on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:27 am

A wealth of information can easily create a poverty of attention. Most people even can not sit and do nothing but think. So put down the smart phone, turn off the computer, give yourselves the chance to sit and headspace to think. Of course, it does not mean we should cut off from the modern life. How to balance is what we need to learn. And the monkey mind, which sounds bad and always appears, is also no need to worry. Learn to control or tame monkey mind will help to bring your awareness back to your body and to achieve 'synchronizing mind and body'.

joyceken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jchristina on Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:09 pm

Monkey mind is not always a bad thing to me. When I try to empty my mind, but fail eventually. What pops out as the "Monkey Mind" is what worries me most at that time. So solve that problem first and immediately will help me out during that day. On the other hand, Monkey mind is a flash from the brain at the sight of environment around, it sometimes sparkles the inspiration and creativity. Thus I quite agree with Sophia Xu, that we need learn to tame the Monkey mind, but not get rid of it.
2015 GB Christina Jiang Xiao Jun

jchristina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Comments on the two articles

Post by Derek Hsu on Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:10 am

I have to confess that I am used to the monkey mind until recent taking part in the CBI class. To make it worse, I was not aware this kind of thinking ways is harmful but kinds of good thing, which means you own quick reaction and more clever than the others. However, too much relying on the monkey mind will make our brains working in a under-load mode, which will not only buzz our thinking process, but also miss some thoughtful ideas, which can only have after thoroughly considerations. In that way, we have to make changes to ourselves by turnaround the situations. This is another important point I learned from these 2 articles that the best way to get rid of monkey mind is not to simply suppress it. The correct way should be aware of the existing of monkey mind and try to calm it down when it is activated. Only in that way, we can really make us be alone with our thoughts and do more creative and productive thinkings.

Derek Hsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re:Articles for the First Class

Post by Fang Ying Jiao on Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:19 pm

The two articles give us an idea of monkey brain and share a research that people, in particular in male, are unwilling to be alone with thought. Going through the two articles, I recognize how monkey brain affects our daily life. I dislike it as it will distract my concentration and lower efficiency. The most important is we know the demerits but no way to completely avoid it. The next research derives from monkey brain. That could also explain why cellphone is so popular. People prefer to action rather than to think. However every coin has two sides. Research also shows that monkey can stimulate creativity and relax our busy life. How to practice and successfully manage will be a next step for us to consider.

Fang Ying Jiao

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wanghb on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:59 pm

The 1st and 2nd section to my experience is that monkey's brain, people need not too shy away from it, in fact it is hard to wipe.We should acknowledge its existence, and try to get along with it harmoniously .
Impetuous atmosphere throughout the modern society, the arrival of information age makes people to be able to accept information from all directions, people are not used to meditate quietly, when we need to ponder over a problem, it’s better to focus on it and without any interference.Meanwhile, taming the monkey brain through interaction with the cooperation of bodies.
On the one hand, the monkey brain can make us to expand our imagination, not limited by a fixed pattern of thinking, it also a good way of a profound impact on innovation.

wanghb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zhaojia on Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:04 am

The sky is wider than the sea, however, the men's mind is even broader than the sky. Just as the old saying goes, the power of men's mind is immeasurable. How to explore this conceptual resources to improve people's mental health and even physical life is no longer just an ancient subject. In the modern world, people are always being interrupted by outside world when they are thinking, money mind jumps out all the time. One effective way to block money mind is to keep surroundings silent, let yourselves be isolated for some period of time and focus on only one thing once a time. Though mind wandering cannot be avoided completely, men can be trained to create their thinking pattern to a more efficient way.

zhaojia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christy_ts on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:45 pm

The first paragraph is about the Monkey mind. For Chinese, the word is not strange one and it comes from Chinese idiom ‘心猿意马’ which means even body and thinking are not united all the times. With advancement of new technology, people absorb information through different methods from time to time. On one hand, this is bringing the convenience to our daily life, and on the other hand, it also cause the difficulty for the concentrated thinking. To have meditation before sleeping is a good method to have self-reflection and deep thinking.

The second paragraph is related to the first one. It reveals that people like the distraction rather than concentrated thinking which is well explain why money mind in the first paragraph could jump into our head from time to time and it is getting more and more difficult to focus nowadays. The technology makes us easily get the answer through different resources instead of thinking by ourselves. The efficient method makes relay on it us too much and even addict to it.

christy_ts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Articles for the first class

Post by wz8541 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:11 pm

These two articles complement each other to reveal most people's real thinking status nowadays.

The first article give us a really exactly definition of the thinking always jumping from here to there frequently in a short time, that is” monkey mind”. With busy day in a mass thinking schedule of most young people, it is increasing hard to manage our mind, and also such different to control and concentrate. When we think some tough questions which need us fully focus on it, but we often find that the more we would like think tight, the more monkey mind arises. The only thing we should do firstly is empty our brain instead of putting much so-called important things, we thought we are solve problem, and try to tame the monkey mind, however, oversize thinking does not mean anything. Empty and calm down from inner is also one approach to closed the door on monkey mind.

The second article explains the theory behind monkey brain and claim that it is easy to have distraction when we are thinking. Concentration is indeed hard for a long time but it is really important and critical, at least focused mind should be the majority time in our brain when we think something, but the truth is precisely the opposite, monkey brain is good friend and often spent most of our energy, seem like that the distraction is common status in our life. Especially in digital age, the mobile phone and internet, our time is cut into inefficient fragments, as well we the mind and spirit. Actually we just tame our mind, like a you manage a company, the focused mind and monkey mind both your top aides, you should let them in charge of your brain in the right time and control them easily, because the monkey also give you many inspiration sometimes and have a good grasp of scale.

Last edited by wz8541 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

wz8541

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jshang3 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:37 pm

Monkey brain is quite nature to human beings. It is still hard to say if it is good or not good comprehensively. However, to thinking, we need to get rid of monkey brain to be concentrate. It helps to think deeply and dig out something in our mind but not realize by ourselves. Monkey brain is probably a balance of human mental cure. Keep brain wander is an exerices to our brain and make it strong. it may help keep your brain in a live mode. To human nature, they are seeking to be in this mode. What we want to do is to control ourselves. When to stop monkey brain and when to let it go should be controlled. And then, it will bring us double benefit in our life.

jshang3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annnna on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:45 am

I can share the same feeling as the author described in the article. Nowadays one of the hardest things is to concentrate. Especially when we entered the age of information, the internet and consequent various social media distract people from what is happening to themselves. People living in big cities are under pressure of both work and life all the day, and most of them are multi-task handler. The way of life determined the monkey mind is showing up from time to time. I think the only way to alleviate being distracted is to simplify the lifestyle. Most people are worrying about the possibilities that will not happen eventually, which makes them live under great anxiety and unable to enjoy the moment of lives.

Annnna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

On “Most men would rather shock themselves than be alone with their thoughts”

Post by 彭博15GB on Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:51 pm

It seems opposing to the evident logic that we can control our mind or direct our behavior as what we would anticipate it should be. If the study can really lead to the conclusion that people are just not being able to make themselves concentrate on pure thinking and they have to do useless wandering on the mind to make themselves feel at ease, we may be able to say that wandering of minds is an instinct and we sure could find a lot of evidence to support this conclusion. (As well as the opposite conclusion if it’s been finalized, we could find a lot of evidence to support. It’s not about the evidence. It’s about how to look at ourselves and maybe about the difference between trained minds and unfocused minds.) It’s an interesting study, but what meaning can we interpret from it and call it right? I really doubt about it.

彭博15GB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

On "Enter The Monkey"

Post by 彭博15GB on Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:12 pm

Monkey Mind is a conceptual mind, which mixes the reality with the imaginary, and here& now with there& then. To control the monkey mind, is to unify the body and the mind being in one place and time. We deems that if the monkey mind is tamed, we’ll be more calm and satisfied inner side. Let’s give it a try to the meditation and see what happened. Just feels like this kind of practice is common for a Buddhist. This is only one kind of way to approach life’s meaning. One concepts I agree in the article that let it be, don’t try to harness it with force. Intention means instant subjugation, which brings resistance for sure. If you ignore it, it won’t be that kind of serious.

彭博15GB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Not black,Not white

Post by Xu Yifeng on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:26 pm

Things in the world, sometimes, can not be easily defined with black or white, even between these two. There is grey. According to the "Monkey brain" or "Monkey mind" definition, we'd better not be against this activity totally. Otherwise, it tends to dim the spark of creative ideas that are related to the co-understanding and parallel think. We prefer to manage the Monkey mind and especially control our mind of concentration under the situation requirement. This is kind of training for human beings brain.

Specially for the 2nd article, honestly, I don't like this survey or experiment, even there is a slight discrimination to Men. The reason why we are human beings is that we have emotions, we can think deeply and variously. Not everyone can keep still and in deep meditation like a monk. Thinking is nature and not because of thinking.

Last edited by Xu Yifeng on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Xu Yifeng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarchary on Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:43 pm

On "Most men would rather shock themselves than be alone with their thoughts"

The second article tells us people are liable to mind wandering and distractions especilly in our mordern world. For example, it is conmon that peolpe use smart phon and social media, which makes it harder to stay alone with their thoughts and concerntrate . But I also think that the ability to let the mind wander has been linked to greater working memory and increased creativity. Maybe it isn"t bad for mind wandering. What's more, according to the article, men tend to be more "sensation seeking" than women. Does it saying that it is easier for men to have more creativity and innovation than momen? And if I were the participants, I would press the button several times. So how to tame our monkey mind, how to seek variety and stimulation, it is hard to balance them.

Zarchary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kang Guangnan on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:40 pm

Enter The Monkey
- from my personal experience when I have the monkey mind I worry too much and could not focus.
When I do something I may think there are other staff I should do and may think if I only do the job I am doing I could not finish the other tasks and then my mind is wandering... I not only could fail other jobs but also there are more jobs that follows we could fails... like the butterfly effect.
My suggestion to this is that we should be a little tolerance to the monkey mind.
When we have monkey mind, we could realize it and do not fight back too much in a very storg way, otherwise you will put yourself in the monkey mind again... when you feel that you are in the monkey mind state, try to take back yourself little by little by focus on what you are doing now. After several time traning you will be better and better and then have a good control.

Most men would rather shock themselves than be alone with their thoughts
To be honest I do not have this kind of feeling. On the contrary sometimes I enjoy it when I am alone.
When I am alone my mind will be wandering and I think about some issues that unsolved recently, sometimes my mind jumps from one issue to another, but for me it is okay. When I think about one thing I try my best to solve it and if it is not very easy I stop thinking and then I may jump to another issue. During the jumps I may have more ideas for the issues which I considered before then I went back and continue to the topic... from jumps I could get more resources and there is more possibiliy I could solve the issues.
Most important everybody should form a way of thinking that help you solve issues. It may take long time but it is worth trying.

Kang Guangnan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicrb on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:06 am

It is indeed impressive to link our mind activities with the primitive interaction like Monkey Mind. For such a long time the innovations in the realm of the study were defined by the new technology and bizarre methods, whereas the Monkey Mind does innovate us to think in a more primitive and more creative way which appears to be even more precise than the previous methods.

To compare the mind activities during meditation to the monkey behavior spares me loads of thinking which I'd use afterwards. I used to hunt the monkey whereas the article taught me how to guide my 'monkey in mind', the subtle improvements in mind controlling innovated me a lot.

Lucky enough to read an article which can lead me through to an innovating scene and methods it creates.

Vicrb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicrb on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:19 am

Under a fast pace in the modern society, it interesting to reflect the innovative thinking in Most Men Would Rather Shock Themselves Than Be Alone With Their Thoughts to myself. Instead of reversing my own mind by means of keeping reminding myself to remain calm and focus, the methods blew my mind that I need to know the exact reflection of my mind activities. So after reading the article I will definitely attempt for more innovative thinking in reflecting my inner self which I had not reached before.

I've been so frequently disrupted by the Facebook messages popping up every several minutes and refused to regard it in an opposite way that the instruction is more crucial to utilize it instead of cutting it down. That's the part I lack while the non-stoppable jobs kept me occupied all the time. Try innovative thinking, yeh I'll do it next time I digress.

Vicrb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Monkey mind

Post by brenda117 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:29 am

I think in nowadays, it becomes more and more difficult to concentrate because there are so many distractions. To free ourselves from the chaos world, it's a good practice to meditate and relax ourselves for 20 min every day. However, when I tried meditation before, I felt suffering and tense when I tried to suppress monkey mind. Therefore, I think it's a better way to live with monkey mind in peace and concentrate on breath to tame monkey mind. There is no need to kill monkey mind as it is also a way to exploit creativity.

brenda117

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisguo on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:36 am

Last month I learned how ro calm the monkey mind down from the first article, and I think it's a good way to make me peaceful. Furthermore I understand the form that monks miditate with folded palm or with beads in hands. That's because they can focous on their hands or beads,and then enter the process called "training the monkey mind".

From the second article, I'm aware of what our pro. ali suggested, leaving our cellphones at home. Actually it is very difficult for many people to go to work without their cellphones in hand, and it may result in a trance state, feeling lost something all day. However, it is indeed advisabled that people should be concerned more about ourselves.

chrisguo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by guoqiang054 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:10 pm

The second article: Now my mobile can count on over 70% time which I spend on social media. Original intention of social medial is use our fragmentation time. But things go contrary to our wishes, it fragment our time. We can’t focus on what we do. If can’t get a message within 10 minutes, I think my mobile have some problem.
It will reduce our efficiency. We look like very busy, but waste our time in fact. Stop multi-task, focus on the current thing. Organize your time, Give some room to relax you heart.

guoqiang054

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wangchenlei on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:00 pm

After reading the 1st article, I knews the facts, it is difficult to think myself without anything, because with the development of electronics technology, more and more device around our life, for example Smartphone, SocialMedia...That means, it is almost difficult to foucs on thinking. Then, how to make myself to obtain the creativity thinking? Maybe keep yourself 8mins thinking daily. We need some time to think various possibilities.
As regards the 2nd article, wo should learn how to pay attention to do just one thing. And regardless of our busying, we insist on doing only one thing in the same time. In general, your efficiency is the highest when you focus on just doing one thing. In our daily working, we need to learn how to manage our time and train the monkey mind.

Wangchenlei

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joeerickmichael on Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:09 pm

<Enter the Monkey>
I have realized that it’s really difficult to let myself sit down and meditate for a while. There are too many distractions around you –emails, phone calls, WeChat messages, especially smart devices and my mind always leaps from one scenario to another. I don’t understand why this happens until I read this article. The monkey is there all the time to prevent me to get into the inner peace. The more I want to concentrate, the peskier the monkey is. Just now I took 30 minutes to practice taming the monkey mind according to the method suggested in the article. I tried my best to bring my awareness back to my body, focusing on my breath. After several times practice, I felt my body relax and not that tense, and my breathing is even. I can feel kind of inner peace in my body, which is amazing. I believe we all can benefit from this if we keep practice everyday.

joeerickmichael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top