MBA@Fudan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IBM Watson Ecosystem Partners in Market Building Businesses

+55
Renee CAO Lei
Chen Yujia
geoffrey30
Sophie Zhaochen
frankli
Feng Yanting
ZHU Yu
Wayne Yang
neoli
panping
qncheng
Yonglei Xu
amandazheng
Summer(Zuo Congcong)
Wenchao Xu
Guanghaofeng
yangyupeng
yfzhou83
Huang Chunlei
Fan Lele(Laeticia)
ZhangWenwen
tangney
elaine.dong
Lucy Gong (Yulu Gong)
CHANG Yan, Carol
Richard Mok
Cara (Zhuang Jing)
karen_zy
Zou Fuyong
HE Xiaoting
XU Iris (Shanshan)
Freeman Yu
ZHANG Ji
Martin Ma - Ma Jinhui
黄如艺
Xingwang.Lu
Lujinyuan
JasmineWang王蔚宁
SUN Yeqing
Chen Jiating
wuyingqiang
Jing Huang
TANG Jianzhong
LI Yingxin
Shirley Zheng
nancysdm
jamiezhu
Fiona Liu
Edward.JI
YANG Jing
wenkaigu
Minqiang Tim WU
damage840225
Helen Xujing
Admin
59 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

IBM Watson Ecosystem Partners in Market Building Businesses Empty IBM Watson Ecosystem Partners in Market Building Businesses

Post by Admin Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:28 pm

Hi everyone!

Here is the second topic, IBM Watson Ecosystem Partners in Market Building Businesses. Please read and provide your analytical and innovative opinion on that.

The link: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ibm-watson-ecosystem-partners-market-042500955.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

Thank you!

Admin
Admin

https://fudan-mba.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

IBM Watson Ecosystem Partners in Market Building Businesses Empty Re: IBM Watson Ecosystem Partners in Market Building Businesses

Post by Helen Xujing Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:00 am

When we talk about Online Marketing/CRM strategy nowadays, we focus more and more on digital solution. We used to run the campaign management by analyzing demographics data in huge quantity but with limited operational value. However a system infrastructure like Watson by IBM or other similar platform offer company personalized data to understand customer better with smart operation process. Hence precise marketing is now applicable in a broader scale because systems understand the world in the way that humans do.

Helen Xujing

Back to top Go down

IBM Watson Ecosystem Partners in Market Building Businesses Empty Re: IBM Watson Ecosystem Partners in Market Building Businesses

Post by damage840225 Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:09 am

Watson as The Artificial intelligence breakthrough platform, provided people with more insight behind the data, and model the pattern under the surface, it is working in a cognitive way with ability of behaviour learning.
Companies want to have more precise positioning for their products, teachers monitored the children's personalities to guide their career development. although the cognitive learning is not a linear world, but watson wants to give a linear answer. So in relatively highly process area or ritual world, this might play a big role. But in highly innovative realm, it just helped a little, only as assistants.
I have to say, with more and more people lived in our own cells, get up, wash your face, brush your teeth, go to work by train or car, work with computers, meetings, go back home, relative confined restaurants, do some sports, take showers, go to sleep, alarms, get up.....The ritual we have built up is so strong, that Watson could precisely predict what we will do next.
Like most people talk and communicate with their phone, large hint of data left on the internet, Watson picked it up and told you what you will do and purchase in future.
So it makes me feel happy that Watson comes out and people should be aware of the ritual we built and try to break it up, with more uncertainty in our life, watson will need to try harder. Also it makes me feel sad that finally Watson is our companion. Walk off the nest, go to the civilization.

damage840225

Back to top Go down

Post by Minqiang Tim WU Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:33 am

At the first glance of this article, I was shocked. Does the technology of "A.I." grow so fast?  That the software(the machine, the app) can provide so complicated functions, such as Strategy advisory, Research & Development, coaching for Athletes, which seem only human being can do, and it requires' people's intelligence(conceptual and creativity). I do worry about the future of human being, the Watson may grasp all the jobs from human being.

But after you deeply read the article, and read more about the Watson and its partners, your worry will relief a lot. It looks like Watson is a platform, which can provide some basic function, such as Natural language processing, dialog analysis, concepts insight. It still requires the application developer to provide data, the large data to train Watson in your fields. Then the application developers(the partners) can use these basic services, and combine with the domain knowledge in your specific domain, to provide a service, such as Strategy Advisory , R&D, by so called cognitive computing, which is very natural, and convenient for the people to use.

The results of this technology and the app developed by the partners, will lead that some low and middle skill jobs to vanish, and the jobs will shift to the high skill ones. For example, the technical service on call, may vanish. But you still need some one withe deep expertise in this area, to provide their summary of expertise. The basic coach may vanish, replaced by the App, but you still need the advanced coach to provide the insight and guides to the software. They need to combine with the latest research result into their practice. You still need the people to do new research, to create new things. Moreover, we still need the app developers to develop those applications based on Watson platform and the knowledge and skills they summarized from the fields.

That being said, the jobs will shift from low levels to high level of skills. For us, we need to think about what's your core value? what's your core value on your job? Can it be replaced by some low pay worker with A.I. supporting?

Overall, the A.I. and the technology will bring more brilliant future to the human being. I believe this. But it may impact some people with low and mid skill. This is what we need to consider.

Minqiang Tim WU

Back to top Go down

Post by wenkaigu Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:57 am

“What a Crazy world!” That’s my first thought after i have read the article. Although my job is involved in the digital application, I haven’t realize that there are so many works have been replaced by the latest technology which is fully leveraging the computer language. Then what lessons could be learnt for us then?

To start with, the article is shown that we are going through the evaluation of the Internet times right now. Since the beginning of 21th century, we have already been shifting to the Internet times when human controls computer proactively to fulfill our needs as the main feature of first phase. However, with the development of technology, we could be fed with content passively by internet via clicking a few buttons on the Mobile Apps. As the term Artificial intelligence says, the computer is playing a more vital role just like human could do in our daily life.

Secondly, we could also see an obvious change on the requirements on talents in the phase II of internet times. Talents who could exploit consumers’ needs deeply and utilize the latest technology to fill in effectively are the most valuable fortune in the society, meanwhile, people who stick to offering replicable deliverables have few chances to stand upon the top level of the society. It’s an alert to all of us that we have to make ourselves more creative and more irreplaceable via learning the latest knowledge

Lastly, back to the feature of the article – IBM, we could also find a possible trend that the global giants, such as IBM, Google and etc, are inclined to provide a platform for or create partnership with those startups so that they could benefit from the latest technology, the strategy reducing the risks of investing new technology directly. Due to the increasingly variable consumer needs, it looks very cost-efficient for the global company to follow the strategy at the current stage.

In summary, the article is very inspiring for all of us to think about the changes on the society feature, workers’ requirements and company strategy.

wenkaigu

Back to top Go down

Post by YANG Jing Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:18 pm

Watson is great milestone beyond all question, for IBM and even for the technology industry. The app economy and market is very attractive. And the innovation of this kind of new business model is very out-standing. However, I still want to point out some probable risks for Watson:
1. This business model attracts much business partner from all kinds of industry and markets. How to monitor the business partners? And how to ensure their qualified service?
2. What kind of support and how is the profit sharing from different partners?
3. What is the key customer target of Watson and what had Watson done to battle the probable competitors?
Every new milestones experienced many failures before its success. I will go to seek the failures Watson has experienced for a better understanding for it.

YANG Jing

Back to top Go down

Post by Edward.JI Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:24 am

I believe it's definitely a great idea to establish this kind of platform based on the development of "cloud" technology, and the more meaningful part of this innovation is that it's the first open cognitive computing technology platform that supports the start-ups companies who focus on the innovation.

For IBM itself, the company fully plays its advantages, which means its powerful technology basement and fruitful data storage, to hence the business strategy to improve the capabilities of technical sevice. While for the start-ups, they're able to share the techonoly achievements from IBM without high cost when they're at initial period. I suggest this model of "partner" as the example of win-win solution.

As I know, Alibaba was also buliding the similar ecosystem like "Ali Cloud" to expand its business structure to technical servise based on the cloud technology. I think Jack Ma has been already aware of that there have a big potential market with the "cloud" service. Additionally, the Chinese government now is encouraging the innovation and start-ups. Hence, there might be a golden period for the developmemt of could serivce in the near further.

However, just like the coin has two sides, I basically agree with the opinions mentioned by Yang Jin before. How the companies, who provide this kind of plarform, to deal with these parnter, how they manage and monitor these partners, and how to keep qualified service for different needs of their customers? IBM has to face these challenges, there shall be an unstable way that IBM needs to go through!

Edward.JI

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiona Liu Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:21 am

On one hand, the world is becoming more and more complex and the volume of information increases sharply. Computers help a lot on the knowledge searching and big data analysis. Watson cognitive computing technology helps to increase computers’ adaptability to the volatile real world. Therefore, so many apps were developed to leverage Watson cognitive computing technology to help on data analysis, diagnosis, oriented marketing and etc.

On the other hand, compute works only based on the known knowledge, but could not create new idea. So innovation is still a main focus of human beings. Moreover, cognitive computing could only assist rather than replace human beings to make decisions, as human beings still reserve the rights to use knowledge by own judgement.

Fiona Liu

Back to top Go down

Post by jamiezhu Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:16 am

This IBM Watsons article shared a lot of information that cognitive enable program will highly related with consumers’ daily work and life with great potential in the coming future. A lot of ideas shared in this articles that we used to only see in the science fiction or in daydream may become true and doable with this project. I think this project of IBM again catches the great opportunity in “AI” and health areas that may highly influence human beings future. They encouraged and created a platform for more free developer to share their idea and make it come true.

Various undergoing project can show us that with the “AI” improvement, we could make our life and work more convenient & efficient. We could save more time from repeating work or middle-tech work and have huge space for our mind to think & create. This would be a great chance for human beings, by saved so much workforce, and also a challenge to us if we couldn’t catch this opportunity and still stay in the same stage.

For myself, I’m more interested in the area of health related program like iDAvatars and InterActive-BB. Health is always a long term topic for human beings all the time, and like in China because of the special system of hospital and care, huge amounts of population is suffering about dealing with the diseases. In China, a lot of medicine and curing equipment abroad need to take long time to get approval. We also have a big gap with the high-tech medical countries especially in innovation. We may also get inspiration from here that we could use high-tech cognitive enable program to keep healthy before you get in big trouble disease or better way to deal with the chronic diseases. This cognitive enable program also could be related for the new medicine innovation that may make it more efficiently.

jamiezhu

Back to top Go down

Post by nancysdm Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:54 pm

"IBM is really a great company in today's world!" This was my first expression of heart when I finished reading the press. Seen from the outsider, IBM might be considered as a fool sharing its "Watson Developer Cloud", but in fact, there won't be any company smarter than IBM.

IBM is well aware of the APP Economy keeping growing in the near future. Through opening its "Watson Developer Cloud" platform to the public, many organizations will seek for their technological support for developing new APPs, which will become part of the revenue of IBM.

Furthermore, congintive computing is one of the cutting-edge technologies at present and its potential market is huge, while IBM chose to share its platform/tool instead of monopolying the market, allowing its peer companies to grow together. IBM's behaviour will only attract start-ups and innovators to cooperate with them. Such kind of integration will make IBM much vital, contributing more value to the whole business network. Of course, each memeber in this business ecosystem will develop and gain profit, but IBM will be the big winner in all aspects.

Apparently, the sucess of a enterprise severely depends on well functioning of its business ecosystem. That is, let its suppliers, customers and partners reach the win-win situation.

nancysdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirley Zheng Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:14 pm

You raised a good point, win- win situation is an important element to sustainable business in this fast chaotic century.

The freed third party application platform for Apple store, the combination of "Kuai di" and "Di di" in Taxi-booking apps, the acquisition of IBM and Lenovo can be set as a sample of take the advantage of peers then hold a vision for bigger market share.

With facts as showed, it's workable to utilize outside resource to enhance and focus on product development.

nancysdm wrote:"IBM is really a great company in today's world!" This was my first expression of heart when I finished reading the press. Seen from the outsider, IBM might be considered as a fool sharing its "Watson Developer Cloud", but in fact, there won't be any company smarter than IBM.

IBM is well aware of the APP Economy keeping growing in the near future. Through opening its "Watson Developer Cloud" platform to the public, many organizations will seek for their technological support for developing new APPs, which will become part of the revenue of IBM.

Furthermore, congintive computing is one of the cutting-edge technologies at present and its potential market is huge, while IBM chose to share its platform/tool instead of monopolying the market, allowing its peer companies to grow together. IBM's behaviour will only attract start-ups and innovators to cooperate with them. Such kind of integration will make IBM much vital, contributing more value to the whole business network. Of course, each memeber in this business ecosystem will develop and gain profit, but IBM will be the big winner in all aspects.

Apparently, the sucess of a enterprise severely depends on well functioning of its business ecosystem. That is, let its suppliers, customers and partners reach the win-win situation.

Shirley Zheng

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirley Zheng Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:24 am

IBM’s Watson business, enable us to more closely collaborate with the citizen services, social media marketing, venture capital groups, and processing big data on research and development. This new wave of innovation built on advances represents a new era in computing.
IBM has long played a major role in Silicon Valley, and Watson Developer Cloud platform is part of a rapid evolution of Watson technology and business. The innovation in market building business can be listed as below:
Firstly, it offers entrepreneurs and startups there easier access to our people, technology and collaboration — with which they can build new companies and create new capabilities that will greatly benefit businesses, the global economy, and improve people’s lives.
Secondly, the elements of the academic discipline of Artificial Intelligence, it’s a broader idea. Cognitive systems are designed to help people make better decisions by ingesting vast quantities of data, reasoning over the information, learning from their interactions with data and people, and interacting with individuals in ways that are more natural to us. Rather than producing machines that think for people; cognitive computing is all about augmenting human intelligence — helping us think better.
Moreover, there’s no way that we can take advantage of all of the innovation opportunities created by the emergence of cognitive. Then here comes Watson. It provides a platform for that people in startups and established companies alike will dream up great ideas that people would never think of.
I can foresee the big market on services based on cognitive computing. The third era of computing — as different from today’s standard computing technologies as they were from the tabulating and calculating machines that preceded them. This is an opportunity for all of us to get in on the ground floor of a phenomenon that I believe will help transform business and society¬--- Improve People's Lives through Cognitive Computing.

Shirley Zheng

Back to top Go down

Post by LI Yingxin Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:49 am

IBM is running ahead of the market on the integration of app development and cloud services. Cloud-delivered cognitive computing technologies are the Break-through concept for business innovation. It's still based on the core competence of IBM on its computing technologies while it also combines with the "Cloud" services as an open online platforms for multi-functional and multi-used apps development and promotions.

IBM Watson Ecosystem seems to get rid of the restraints of time and cost of hardware evolving and computing technology elevation by its own power. However, those apps developed by the partners on the platform still needs a monitoring system to test the adaptability, security and upgradability. It's still unclear of the "rule of game" to protect the intellectual property of certain app tp prevent the copycats by the other partners, whether the business model can be easily imitated or attacked by the rivals.

AI still has a long way to go for the interactive functions because the behavior changes on consumers needs more time and social reforms than the corporate customers. Hence the sustainable growth of the ecosystems need more foreseeable plans to support and prove. New Era of Computing is coming, but not ready right now.

LI Yingxin

Back to top Go down

Post by TANG Jianzhong Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:45 pm

Reading this article, I am impressed so much that the IBM Watson is empowering so many of its partners to make business innovation in fields of citizen service, health care, talent recruitment, staff training and development, online marketing, CRM, strategy advisory, etc. Actually, its cognitive computing and big data analysis becomes a great new engine for creativity and business innovation. Information/Data is a gold mine! Definately, IBM Watson is one of the best practice to explore this gold mine, it's a new milestone. We can see the A.I (Artificial Inteligence) is coming into our life, human's working efficiency and effectiveness will be increased a lot. Accordingly, we need get prepared and embrace this change.

TANG Jianzhong

Back to top Go down

Post by Jing Huang Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:13 pm

IBM finally has their own ecosystem. It's a powerful platform which can think like a human being, through senses, learning, and experience. This represents the third era of computing.
As I am working in a pharmaceutical company, Watson Health Cloud has caught my eye. It is rapidly transforming healthcare around the world. Its advanced cognitive ability, interactive ecosystem, and security identification dramatically changed the dynamic between patients, doctors and the medical community. With this platform, we can get huge amount of data and make clinical trials more easy.
Watson can surely make our life easier, but then I become a little worried. As Professor Ali mentioned in the class, robots and technology is gradually replacing with human beings. The Watson can already think like a human, and do even faster and better. In the new era, we should keep learning and make ourselves irreplaceable.

Jing Huang

Back to top Go down

Post by wuyingqiang Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:11 pm

Almost ten years ago, IBM was still a tradional company, which sold computers and laptops for their main revenue. Their CEO saw the trend of mobile and cloud, and IBM successfully drop the heavy PC product line to Lenovo, who is now trying to turn to mobile and service market. From then, IBM became more "light", but high profitable company, with their cloud and service product line, they even provide open source software. Watson, one of IBM's most successful cloud product line, not only helped IBM make a lot of money, but also helped many customers implement cloud based product quickly, harness the power of cognitive computing to transform industries, help professionals do their jobs better, and solve important challenges. Great change, they need to thank to their CEO's creative thinking ten years ago, and we can also learn from it.

wuyingqiang

Back to top Go down

Post by Chen Jiating Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:01 pm

After reading this article, I was impressed by the powerful ecosystem of Watson and have confidence on its future as well as its partners. When I realized what Watson and its ecosystem partners can do now and more in the future, I felt a inspired but also a little restless at the same time. The work I do every day seems replaceable by the apps and solutions utilizing Watson's cognitive computing and big data analysis.

Watson and its ecosystem is technological innovation, it will impact a lot on the business world. It reflects a fact that Ali said in the class, those skill jobs will be less and less, creativity jobs are becoming dominate. In order not to be left behind, what we should do is not only focus on those skill work or tasks, but also try to do more creativity work.

Chen Jiating

Back to top Go down

Post by SUN Yeqing Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:21 pm

It's a good approach for IBM to build up this kind of platform and their own ecosystem based on cloud technology, which is a win-win solution. It's an age of "Big Data". With all the information and data collected, both IBM and its partners can analyze and use them to know the market and themselves better. But one of the challenges is that without the insight or knowledge of partners' industry and business, how IBM would manage the partners, provide a better platform to fulfill the needs and long-term benefit to its partners.

SUN Yeqing

Back to top Go down

Post by JasmineWang王蔚宁 Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:23 am

IBM and Watson is a great cooperation. Nowadays, we have enter information age. Large quantity of systems and apps support human beings daily life. Watson is lean on IBM strength to do more for consumer and staff. Data is no longer only the data, it becomes a tool to serve the people and make human beings life much more easy and convenient. That’s the win-win situation. On the one hand, consumer can get real benefit through on-line service, like citizen services and wine collection. On the other hand, company can also get benefit from these data collection to understand the consumer’s real needs and also to build the society ecosystem.
But challege is also exist, how to ensure customer priviate information safe?How IBM and Watson to share information to each others?How to attract more supplier to join this program?. etc.

JasmineWang王蔚宁

Back to top Go down

Post by Lujinyuan Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:48 am

We all know that in history, there's a time called “Steam Engine Age”. Thanks to steam engines, the whole manufacture industry received a significant revolution and thus brought out a series of big changes in almost all fields in the society. What a similar situation we are facing today. IT technology was introduced about 100 years ago, but in this period, new things have come out at a speed more than 100 times of that 100 years ago. Technology, or in other words, the tools, have great potentials when they are applied to various fields.

IBM owns this insight of the tools. A platform, in essence, is a tool for people from every fields and different backgrounds. Taking advantage of this platform, marketing, healthcare, athletic, consulting and other industries successfully developed digital applications to restructure the industry and seize new opportunities.

People normally wanna to create an opportunity for himself, that's what a lot of companies really do. But the thing is, if a tool can be made more useful by experts from other fields, why not helping them and get values from them? Such a B2B business model is not an innovation, some traditional companies, like BSF, Dows, produce a lot of intermediate products for companies from different industries. To such "platform" companies, there's a same important factor called "usable tools". After all, intermediate products are needed by almost everyone.

So it's not surprising that IBM began to cooperate with other previous competitors, in fact, this phenomenon can be seen as a new kind of diversity in the value chain of an industry. Platform companies had its grand network, huge numbers of technique workers, which is a valuable resource to be discover. Turning into a platform does help the company to transform into a new development stage.

Lujinyuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Xingwang.Lu Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:48 pm

It is the age of data, the world is digitalizing....

Nowadays, everything could be digitalize into pieces of data. And by utilizing the data we could understand the world better and create the use case to further developed the world.
IBM’s Watson platform, enable the corporation to manage and understanding the data that related with its business, and create the specific use case for the business and even further evolve the industry. It could be foresee that the approach would change many of the industry and make the world evolve better into the information age.

We shall more “digital thinking” of the current business and market.

Xingwang.Lu

Back to top Go down

Post by 黄如艺 Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:17 am

Agree. I think Watson has made big data into an advanced level with its cognitive computing technology platform.
Like you said, "Embrace this change" is important, and yet sometimes people are so afraid to change... Smile

TANG Jianzhong wrote:Reading this article, I am impressed so much that the IBM Watson is empowering so many of its partners to make business innovation in fields of citizen service, health care, talent recruitment, staff training and development, online marketing, CRM, strategy advisory, etc. Actually, its cognitive computing and big data analysis becomes a great new engine for creativity and business innovation. Information/Data is a gold mine! Definately, IBM Watson is one of the best practice to explore this gold mine, it's a new milestone. We can see the A.I (Artificial Inteligence) is coming into our life, human's working efficiency and effectiveness will be increased a lot. Accordingly, we need get prepared and embrace this change.

黄如艺

Back to top Go down

Post by wenkaigu Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:02 pm

SUN Yeqing wrote:It's a good approach for IBM to build up this kind of platform and their own ecosystem based on cloud technology, which is a win-win solution. It's an age of "Big Data". With all the information and data collected, both IBM and its partners can analyze and use them to know the market and themselves better. But one of the challenges is that without the insight or knowledge of partners' industry and business, how IBM would manage the partners, provide a better platform to fulfill the needs and long-term benefit to its partners.

I guess IBM definitely will recruit an in, ternal or external team to manage the partnerships, as the strategy will help to the company's long-term development

wenkaigu

Back to top Go down

IBM Watson Ecosystem Partners in Market Building Businesses Empty IBM Watson Ecosystem Partners

Post by Martin Ma - Ma Jinhui Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:36 am

Before reading this article, I really didn't know the Watson system. I only knew Watson defeated the smartest persons in Jeopardy! and Deep Blue defeated Kasparov.
According to this article, Watson belongs to AI (Artificial intelligence) area. It works behind the platform, so person can't feel and know the existent of Watson, but it affect our lives secretly. Maybe IBM need learn some thing from Intel, let everyone that uses all kinds of app knows these software are powdered by Watson just like Intel CPU in computer.

Martin Ma - Ma Jinhui

Back to top Go down

Post by ZHANG Ji Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:03 pm

Indeed, workers must become more sophisticated, and the Watson supercomputer -- or something like it -- will augment workers, said Louis Storms, CTO for global business at EDF Trading in Houston.
Fundamental energy traders already use deeper analytics and more technology than ever before, something that will continue, he said. Cognitive analytics can also be used in the energy trading business, and could help predict energy demand and prices.As cognitive analytics becomes more pervasive, new IT skills and IT jobs will be created, according to Rometty.
IBM Watson is empowering so many of its partners to make business innovation.

ZHANG Ji

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next