Eyes down, minds elsewhere, ‘deadwalkers’ are among us

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Eyes down, minds elsewhere, ‘deadwalkers’ are among us

Post by Huang Chunlei on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:25 pm

When I first saw the prompt in subway station "please don't look at your phone when the up and down the stairs”,I was very surprised, and then I saw the people around me they were looking at the mobile phone, on the bus, subway, coffee shop, restaurant, street, etc. Mobile phones help us keep in touch with each other, especially nowadays smart phones like a micro- computer which we communicate with the world by it, and begin to rely on it, bu because of it we ignore the communication with others in real life.
I saw a group of photos, everyone was watching the phone screen in hands, someone erased the phone , then let us look at this group of photos again, you would feel indifferent.
My niece who is 7 year old, she wanted me to play with her when I was looking at my phone, she said to me "put down your phone, to enjoy a better life". I think she is right, we can use it but do not rely on it.

Huang Chunlei

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LI Yingxin on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:34 pm

Agree on the "zombie-like" behaviors due to the addiction-like mental trap. Sometimes, just like smoking, if all the others are doing so, why couldn't I do that? Sometimes, people just prevent to do so because of the fear to be extraordinary or out-of-date. Showing the common behaviors lead to blink eyes on potential safety risk.

neoli wrote:The zombie-like deadwalker become a social problem. It's hard to say that if the mobile device is making us have better life quality or worse. Sometimes it's impact the communication between you and your friends, your family. Even someone is not like to talk to other people, they prefer to use the IM instead. It's not a bad situation, and like a kind of addiction.

LI Yingxin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HE Xiaoting on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:41 pm

Nowadays more and more people feel it very important to stay connected with others all the time by smart devices even when they are walking, driving, eating and playing. In the meantime, the safety issue has been easily ignored because people are always confident that they can control themselves well. However, the increase of public accidents gave us a big warning about this bad habit. Keep away with mobile device unless we really need it.

HE Xiaoting

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Feng Yanting on Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:44 pm

If it is not the smart phone, it could be some other digital devices or things catch the attention of walkers. We cannot ban the trend of using all these electrical devices. To solve this problem, maybe we can consider to use some other methods. For example, we can have some signals emitted at crossroads. Once the devices receive such signals, warnings are shown and the screens are locked. Thus we can force the walkers move their attention away from the screens. But thinking about my poor spine, I would say spending less time on them is the right choice.

Feng Yanting

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frankli on Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:19 am

Actually, a growing number of people surround me are the ones like this. They keep refreshing their friend loop in we-chat on the way, ignoring the status by the surroundings.

Smartphones can bring us conveniece, but if we keep doing like this, some potential danger could emerge.

frankli

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophie Zhaochen on Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:40 am

I think it's dangerous to be a mobile zombie, people may get hurt or even die while walking around. They can't react quickly about the emergency. And I was used to be a mobile zombie before, but now I will control myself consciously.

Sophie Zhaochen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by geoffrey30 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:45 am

To think myself, I always do like that. During walking, I listen music, down the eyes to focus on my cellphone, weichat, cellphone games. It is really dangerous and also make the people around you feel ignoring.
We should try to change this behaivor, and up our eyes to see the surrounding.
The easy activitity will change your world.

geoffrey30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chen Yujia on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:09 am

It's so common that pedestrians are distracted whether by texting or listening to music. However, It's quite acknowledged that the texters are more likely to ignore red lights. As for Listening to music, it speeds up the time taken to cross the road, but those pedestrians are less likely to look both ways before crossing.

When crossing the street, we'd better use all of our senses and using mobile phones can, of course, be distracting. It is important to be aware when interacting with traffic.

Ultimately, a shift in normative attitude towards pedestrians behavior is expected, like the efforts on drunk driving, to control the risk of mobile phones while crossing road.

Chen Yujia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeman Yu on Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:22 am

Smartphone is killing our time and reativity. We play games, read news and send massages to friends by smartphone. There are more and more functions for cellphones, but less and less time for us to think without disrupt. I agree that smartphone is just a tool for us, don't be shaped by your tool. Put down your cellphone and try to stay with your mind for some time.

Freeman Yu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guanghaofeng on Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:31 pm

The article pointed out a very common status in today's world. It is really dangerous to be a mobile zombie whenever you are walking and when doing something else. When it comes to multitask processing, our mind efficiency and effectiveness will be reduced around 25%. This number is huge and it is a strong signal for us to pay attention. In the passage, we also noticed that there are a lot of injuries happened both on the road, and endangered people in various situations. Moreover, it is not totally polites to use mobile phones in a lot of public places. It is understandable that we should use this devices profoundly since we need a lot of informations to counter the demand of today's world. But we should be aware that the influence of being a mobile zombie.

Guanghaofeng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abby Guan on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:15 am

It is an interesting phenomenon that people's life and behaviors are becoming less concentrated with the charming innovation of smartphones. We get less care of the outside world and think about the virtual reality all the time. Even while walking on the road, driving, taking subway, and in the face to face dinner table. We become strangers to each other, and we know about each other only online. Besides the accidents happening on the road everyday because of mobile phone, it is a sad story to loose the real sense of nature nowadays. Let's look up and try to avoid being a zombie, come back to the sunshine, grass, every tiny moments that we can touch. It is our world!

Abby Guan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:17 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top