IBM CEO Says Automation Won't Decimate Job Market

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

automation won't decimate job market

Post by brenda117 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:09 am

I agree with the argument that automation won't decimate job market. What automation replaces is those jobs that are very mechanical without much creativity. What automation can't do are deep thinking, communication skills and so on. I think automation optimizes job market and forces people to be more intelligent and educated.

brenda117

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reply about automation

Post by brenda117 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:22 am

I agree with the argument that automation itself won't be harmful and won't decimate job market. Because what automation replaces are those jobs that are mechanical and simple. Automation can't do what human can do, such as deep thinking and creativity. So there's no need to worry. In turn, automation can optimize job market and force people to be more intelligent.

brenda117

View user profile

Back to top Go down

how to survive the automation era

Post by Songxiaoruo on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:04 am

The potential impact of cognitive technology will decimate the job market remains to be revealed, at this point, I think jobs require low skill could be replaced by automation, but the good news is more skillful and intellectual job require creativity will needed to the job market .
Automation will enhance the efficiency of production and business model would turned into more digital related. At present or at the short term, those who in low skilled job positions will lose their jobs. But for a long term, it pushes people to seek our new potential and proposition of manpower about what we can do and what should we choose as a job.

To win the new competition in the job market, the only way can we do is to prepare us be digital, be adaptable and be fast learner. In order to better adapt to the environment, people should be purposefully educated , decide what kind of ability we want to have, how to proper use and live with cognitive technology. I think automation will have big influence on the education in the future and recast the structure of human labor

Facing the rapid technology innovation, we have to catch up with and adjust ourselves, and find new value of ourselves, avoiding being disrupted and abandoned.

Songxiaoruo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IBM CEO Says Automation Won't Decimate Job Market

Post by sandrayy on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:05 am

I think the introduction of cognitive technology means we will innovate and discover things faster, not that we will necessarily lose jobs. Humans are still the ones that figure out how to apply technology to solve everyday challenges and postulate what problems need to be solved. As new products or inventions come into the market it usually creates new types of jobs that before never existed. For example, people that write apps for cell phones or tablets did not even exist 10 years ago. Now introduction of technology may require that people learn new skills, but does not always mean jobs disappear.

sandrayy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

IBM CEO Says Automation Won’t Decimate Job Market

Post by Sunli on Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:06 am

I also hold the idea that automation is not about replacing people. It is about augmenting what man does and it helps us do things we couldn’t do. The smart devices, machines or other Technological products are only approximate the way people think but never learn to creative like people do. Some of the Labor jobs may be taken by the machines step by step, but those creative and innovative works such as management, painting, operation and so on, are not possible be done by automatic machines. Automation did make a big difference, but it was in a positive aspect that people do not need to be trapped into meaningless repetitive work, instead, people can change the present work into a more interesting and creative activity.

Sunli

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnolia_sh on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:31 am

In this information technology times, a lot of innovations happened or going to happen, as you can see the smart phone APPs market's surprising prosperous. Still, innovation big like automation comes that even may replace human labor. For this, we can predict tremendous changes to current human resource, current work modes, positions.
As there are much to do to achieve the automation ahead, also after many jobs which will mainly use Physical strenth,and that with solid processes will replaced by robots or programs.
Still,as you can imagine,lots of jobs like automation devices creation,implemention,maintainance,etc. are emerging. So,in a whole,jobs will be changed,but won't disappear.

Magnolia_sh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top