2016-Why Handwriting Is Still Essential in the Keyboard Age

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2016-Why Handwriting Is Still Essential in the Keyboard Age

Post by Yacheng on Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:24 pm

I believe that handwriting is essential to keep in the keyboard age. We need means to communicate, in the form of writing, texting and keyboarding, when we are not facing to each other. Although the benefits of Keyboard or texting are fast, legibility and convenience, in terms of copying, pasting and deleting, handwriting is still useful to develop the brain functions as the scientific researches show.
My own experience is consistent with the article indicates, which it is easy for me to remember when I actually take notes down by pen instead of computer. Handwriting helps me to concentrate on work and to learn language. Keyboarding is not a good for thinking and cognitive process, since it simply just tries to type something.
Therefore, handwriting is good to keep, but keyboarding can increase the productivity of writing things. It is necessary to find a balance between them.

Yacheng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yacheng on Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:26 pm

I believe that handwriting is essential to keep in the keyboard age. We need means to communicate, in the form of writing, texting and keyboarding, when we are not facing to each other. Although the benefits of Keyboard or texting are fast, legibility and convenience, in terms of copying, pasting and deleting, handwriting is still useful to develop the brain functions as the scientific researches show.
My own experience is consistent with the article indicates, which it is easy for me to remember when I actually take notes down by pen instead of computer. Handwriting helps me to concentrate on work and to learn language. Keyboarding is not a good for thinking and cognitive process, since it simply just tries to type something.
Therefore, handwriting is good to keep, but keyboarding can increase the productivity of writing things. It is necessary to find a balance between them.

Yacheng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brave.han on Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:41 pm

My personal experience is that,once used to input text into computer via keyboard, is easy to forget how to write Chinese characters in paper,this is not a good phenomenon.Handwriting is not just a tool for recording language or words, it also contains the traditional culture and inheritance behind the words.

No matter in which cultural background, we all need to let the next generation remember their traditional culture, handwriting is taking a role of fundamental tool.

brave.han

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hengchao on Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:10 pm

Hand writing is a basic skill for a civilized people . With this skill , People could recorder , communication , exchange the information with others . As it is mentioned in this article , some professor has find that the hand writing is helpful to children to pay attention to written language .As it mentioned in this article ,“Brain imaging shows that the activation of this region is different in children who are having trouble with handwriting” , That is to say handwriting would have some affection to the brain development.
When I want remember something quick and profound in school, write it down would be a good way for me. Good handwriting is not only a skill but also is kind of art in china . The people who could write handwriting beautiful would get admire from others.

hengchao

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chenchen Guo on Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:12 pm

It is never old-fashioned for handwriting. Handwriting is far more than forming letters. It is a highly creative process reflecting our instant inspiration, emotions and personalities. Chinese proverb says, “The palest ink is better than the best memory.” Handwriting also facilitates children's brain development and help children pay attention to written language more easily, which is closely related to the ability of spelling, reading and composing. I just can't image our next generation without ability to record by their own hands.

Chenchen Guo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fu Zhenyu - Demi on Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:00 pm

Writing by hand or typing on keyboard use and practice different parts of human brain. Practice writing can help children perform better in school. So for children its better to study printing, then learning and practicing cursive, and then typing. For myself I find it is true that although take notes spend more time, but it is easier to remember the information.
Despite what mentioned in the article, handwriting is also a special name card of person, people always related the handwriting to one's quality, if you are good at handwriting, people will regard you as a person with high quality. Smile

Fu Zhenyu - Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelvin Hao on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:55 am

As for the article, I quite agree with that the children should become a byhrid writers.

On the one hand, handwriting is important to help children to grasp an important skills in their life. According to my experience, there are lots of situations that people need to write their names, fill a table, write notes in a meeting and write down some key numbers outside. If they cannot write, they will encounter lots of difficulties.

On the other hand, handwriting is a very effective ways to learn and remembers key information. When I learn a new course, I would like to write down the keynotes in a notebook. When I write, I will think it and read it. I found I could more easily remember what I write down. If I want to find the information and reuse it. Handwriting is also very easy to find and read.

Finally, even in the computer age, handwriting could be an important art to exist. Especially in China, the handwriting in old age is very beautiful. In nowadays, lot of people also like to read the content with good handwriting.

Kelvin Hao

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiaoyu Yuan on Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:57 am

I personally like hand writing when I need to create something from scratch. It helps me to sort out the thoughts and be organised. Aside from having an emotional connection, it also helps me process thousands of thoughts in my mind.

From a personal experience, when typing with a computer, i easily lost track of the structure of the article I am writing. However when writing with pens, I can be more focused.

Big fan of hand writing!

Xiaoyu Yuan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuKang0821 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:06 am

The article impressed me that handwriting could change brain function and brain development because handwriting not only stimulates the brain to form letters but also makes people to concentrate. This is essential for children who develop brain rapidly.

For Chinese words, it's more complicated than English words as Chinese characters are not formed by letters but more like a picture. It's kind of art. That's why Chinese brush calligraphy has a thousand year of history and many masterpieces were born and spread. When making calligraphy, the first thing is to calm down and focus, then brain will take lead to present creativity. Nowadays, although we are in keyboard age, we should keep handwriting especially for children to practice and develop our brains.

SuKang0821

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zhuyun on Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:26 am

With science and technology more and more developed, more and more people use PC or mobile phone keyboard to complete the typing, so more and more people even began to forget the word to change how the word, this is so terrible.

Moreover,the lure of the digital world doesn’t take away significant experiences that can have real impacts on children’s rapidly developing brains.
This is more terrible for our. We should attach importance to this serious problem, together with the return to the handwriting.

zhuyun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yangqing on Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:45 pm

Handwriting is good for us to understanding and memory,

yangqing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shijia_Zheng on Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:58 pm

I've encountered some embarrasing moments that I just forgot how to write a specific Chinese character or spell an English word, and I guess most of my classmates had similar experience before. It seems that in a keyboard age when people are enjoying the benefits and efficiency brought by electronic devices, we are losing our writing capability. This article just made a case in point with scientific evidences to explian why handwriting is still essential at this age.
Hand writing, from my perspective, is a sort of creative process and art creation to some extent, and that explains why people have different writing styles and even the master pieces of hand writings are collected by museums.

Shijia_Zheng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Yang on Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:47 pm

For myself, I think in this keyboard age, handwriting is still essential. There are three reasons as below:
Firstly, written language is a very excellent Chinese traditional culture, we should inherit it and to carry this forward to the world.If we choose to use keyboard, our handwriting capability will degenerate even vanish, it is a lost of world culture.
Secondly, as what said in the article, handwriting can help us to develop our brain, it is very important thous, especially to the children. And if the children often choose the keyboard, facing the screen, it is harmful to the eyesight, especially when the children are too young.
Thildly, handwriting is a good way to calm down. I am a very outgoing girl, and what I like almost is very furious activities, such as singing, dancing, swimming and so on, and I was very emotional once upon a time. So one of my friends suggested me to try the handwriting, and told it would help me to calm down and control my emotion. After a period of practicing, I realized it is useful to me.

Jennifer Yang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jibinli on Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:04 pm

It's mentioned in the passage that handwriting can change brain function and brain development. I do believe that. From my personal experience, I changed my handwriting fonts (English) during high school years by learning an Australian English teacher's style, which is more rounded. I've no idea how it works, but I did feel writing with the new font/style made me more confident and productive when writing composition. Probably it's because connection of neurons were changed in my brain and thus had more effects.

Handwriting is more than just a tool, it's also an art either for English or for Chinese characters. By practicing an art, people's creativity can be nurtured. However, stroking a keyboard doesn't seem to be artistic.

jibinli

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Liang on Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:17 pm

Chinese say that handwriting is 2nd face of people. Even though, we did not write any longer instead of computer and printing/copy, we still need to sign some documentation in daily life or commercial circumstance.
Furthermore, handwriting is art, while keyboard can’t express the feeling.

Jeff Liang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang Banghao on Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:26 pm

Nowadays, we rely on keyboard too much, overlooking the importance of hand writing, what’s more, our habits influences next generation seriously. Children barely use handwriting except doing homework, and this is no good for them. It is proven that handwriting helps memorizing, and even develops the brain. So handwriting is still an essential skill that we should highly pay attention to.

Yang Banghao

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zhangfang16GA on Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:29 pm

In China, hand writing is always a good way to study and remember. It will help people to strengthen the familiarity of the content and get more thoughts.
I like taking notes to avoid fogeting something important or record something glorious. It's more emotional compared with using digital equipments.
And in China,hand writing is also regarded as art. From ancient times, calligraphy,the beautyful handwriting bring the best visual effect to people. It can also cultivate the art sense of children and promote their aesthetic level.

zhangfang16GA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jameswang on Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:52 pm

In an era all things been digitalized,discuss whether handwriting or keyboard type in is better maybe no need.if just think in the method of people/pc or other machine information exchange,keyboard type in should be better,voice recognize input should be best due to rapid and easy way to process information.however it's just in technology's view.if we come back to people's mental way,handwriting also have its advantage as show in the article it can make you more concentrated in mind and with deep think.most important it also related with children's brain development.so for us have an comprehensive view of handwriting and keyboard type in and keep handwriting space in life is essential.

jameswang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lin Shuqing on Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:19 pm

When I taking meeting minutes, I prefer using a keyboard to hand-writing. It is more efficient and easy for recording. But when I thinking about some complex problems, I would rather write on paper or whiteboard. It seems that writing could help me to organize my thoughts and show me the whole process of thinking.

Lin Shuqing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamWang on Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:34 pm

Based on Writer's points: Handwriting is important for the children, as it engages both of the hand and brain.
Genenal sepaking, it is positive impacts developing of the children's brain. Besides, it is also a way of learning written language by your own.

On the other hand, as keyboard typing has its own advantage, so we cannot ignore the positive impact and consolider all to say which part would more important in your current situation.

AdamWang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by orangeli on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:50 am

Hand writing vs.keyboard writing
People would believe that, unlike with handwriting, using both hands to type has seemly an advantage of stimulating cross-communication in the brain function. But research of Brain imaging shows that the activation of the region called “fusiform gyrus”, where visual and language come together, is different in children who are having trouble with handwriting. However, typing things doesn’t help to generate the same activation in brain. That is to say, the brains will have difficulty in distinguishing letters. Further difficulty for those children will be having trouble in reading as well.
More over, handwriting helps better memorize for many people and for me personally, since we can make identified symbols for better understanding of the words made up of letters.

orangeli

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gaozhiqun on Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:08 am

I think that even in the network so developed today, we still need to handwriting.
Handwriting is a culture and cultural transmission. From Handwriting, we can feel the soul of a person. The beautiful feeling of Handwriting is a computer that mechanical font is never to come out.Today, because the network is convenient, everyone is using E-mail, if you have received a handwriting letter during the holiday season, the writing is breathtaking, can let a person feel moved.

gaozhiqun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiang.Du (Bob) on Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:50 am

Nowadays, more and more people especially young people get used to typing using computers or smart phones which is more clear and faster compared to handwriting. We didn't realize the specific benefits of handwriting other than those psychological feelings.
The several researches in the articles indicate that handwriting do confers specific benefits including increasing brain activation, improving concentration, and therefore improving the learning efficiency and writing abilities for more academic achievements.
I know for sure that everyone of us have the experience of forget how to spell a word or write a Chinese character whose structure would be even complicated and such situation occurs more often. Undoubtedly, our handwriting capacity are weakened rapidly in the keyboard age. Nevertheless, we always need creativity and passion which handwriting may generate at all times.

Xiang.Du (Bob)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zhouch_sh on Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:40 am

I think handwriting is essential even in the keyboard age.
for children, handwriting can help them to learn, and train the brain.
handwriting is also the culture. for adults, we grow up with handwriting, even we use keyboard more in current days, we used to use make notes with handwriting.

zhouch_sh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ceciliazhang123 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:00 am

Before digital wrting appeared, hand writing in Chinese has already become a kind of artwork. Although digital writing could draw beautiful words or pics, yet it lack of emotional creativity that is unique for humanbeings. No matter handwriting disppearred in normal lives, it will always be the artwork in the past and in the future. Second, it hand writing disppeared in the future, how could people make come remarks when their is no digital tools, that will give limitation for our lives.

ceciliazhang123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top