MBA@Fudan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 3 Challenges for China In A Decade

+14
CHANG Yan, Carol
Lujinyuan
Yonglei Xu
YANG Jing
zhaojun Wan万朝君
Letian.wang
Yvonne (Gao Yiwen)
Huangyanming-michelle
盛美娜
jibaoqing-冀宝庆
Sun Ji
Tu Yuan
Jimmywang(Wang Jiming)
leo chen
18 posters

Go down

Top 3 Challenges for China In A Decade Empty Top 3 Challenges for China In A Decade

Post by leo chen Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:44 am

Back to the question Prof. Ali raised during first lesson. I knew it's very difficult to synthesize top3 items from all challenges in long list, but if there is possibility to try, I listed top3 in my eye, much appreciate if you all can comments or even criticize.
1. Transition of Economy growth: from speed driven to quality driven. Which should be top challenge. Unhealthy structure has severely kill the liberty and justness of free markets, income gap are consequently enlarging, which will finally generate big social and political challenges.
2. Change role of Government: Put democratic system aside, we just talk about management pattern of the government at all levels. The role of both players and judges has tremendous restrain potentials of other practitioners, which also create abuse of power and systematic corruption.
3. Business entity: change from cost advantage to technology advantage. This is quite interactive to 1 and 2. But entrepreneurs and managers themselves should take full responsibility to lead companies to transit from order taking to ODM, private label, intellectual product, marketing, and innovation etc.

Changes above are highly expected to happen in next decade. Reform is sort of self-revolution. The successful outcome will make everybody happy, while the bad result will kill the future of young generation, elite class, intellectuals and even the whole country.
Let's however be optimistic and patient to see what will happen.

leo chen

Back to top Go down

Top 3 Challenges for China In A Decade Empty Re: Top 3 Challenges for China In A Decade

Post by Jimmywang(Wang Jiming) Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:13 pm

we will get experience from the success and take the lesson from the failure. but i do believe tomorrow is a better day!

Jimmywang(Wang Jiming)

Back to top Go down

Top 3 Challenges for China In A Decade Empty Re: Top 3 Challenges for China In A Decade

Post by leo chen Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:09 am

Come on Jimmy, counting on all comrades like you!

leo chen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tu Yuan Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:33 am

leo chen wrote:Back to the question Prof. Ali raised during first lesson. I knew it's very difficult to synthesize top3 items from all challenges in long list, but if there is possibility to try, I listed top3 in my eye, much appreciate if you all can comments or even criticize.
1. Transition of Economy growth: from speed driven to quality driven. Which should be top challenge. Unhealthy structure has severely kill the liberty and justness of free markets, income gap are consequently enlarging, which will finally generate big social and political challenges.  
2. Change role of Government: Put democratic system aside, we just talk about management pattern of the government at all levels. The role of both and judges has tremendous restrain potentials of other practitioners, which also create abuse of power and systematic corruption.
3. Business entity: change from cost advantage to technology advantage. This is quite interactive to 1 and 2. But entrepreneurs and managers themselves should take full responsibility to lead companies to transit from order taking to ODM, private label, intellectual product, marketing, and innovation etc.

Changes above are highly expected to happen in next decade. Reform is sort of self-revolution. The successful outcome will make everybody happy, while the bad result will kill the future of young generation, elite class, intellectuals and even the whole country.
Let's however be optimistic and patient to see what will happen.

Quite agree Leo's comments. And I think recently government had taken responsive and rigorous actions to prevent corruption which is the greatest determination made by our new leaders.

Tu Yuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun Ji Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:23 pm

Totally agree with Leo. I think the role-change of government is a must to face and resolve other problems.

Sun Ji

Back to top Go down

Post by jibaoqing-冀宝庆 Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:24 am

Agreed, China Government need faced a comlicated social issue.

jibaoqing-冀宝庆

Back to top Go down

Post by 盛美娜 Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:13 am

To talk about point 1, China is still a developing country. We must give to priority to economic development. Only development will deliver progress. Ultimately, it is only development that will resolve all the problems in China. We cannot advance without changing the growth model, nor can we advance without adequate development. Of course, the development we pursue should be one that promotes employment, increases incomes, improves economic performance and boosts energy conservation and environmental protection. It should be scientific development, namely, sound and balanced development that is in keeping with the laws governing economic activities, social development and nature.

盛美娜

Back to top Go down

Post by Huangyanming-michelle Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:02 pm

the big challenge is how to keep a sustainable development. Face the pollution problem, food safety, imbalance between inland and coastal cities. How can our government do to solve these problems is the urgent thing.

Huangyanming-michelle

Back to top Go down

Top 3 Challenges for China In A Decade Empty Aged Tendency of Population

Post by Yvonne (Gao Yiwen) Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:26 pm

I think one of the top 3 challenges for China in a decade is aged tendency of population. In China, the birth rate is 1.5 babies per family, as low as some countries in Europe, like UK, France, Germany.  If the low birth rate continues, the Chinese population structure will change from a youang society to an old society. The data of population census shows: now 70% of the Chinese population is 15-59 years old, who are still in the age of labor after 5 years. Meanwhile the children from 0-14 years old only account for 16%. So the labor in China will decrease rapidly in a decade.
Now China takes some mesures to risolve the problem of  lack of labor age people in the future, such as adjust industry structure from manufactory to innovated industry, prolonging retiring age. But it is a big challenge for China, including enormous pension, social security system etc.

Yvonne (Gao Yiwen)

Back to top Go down

Post by Letian.wang Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:53 am

Very Happy

Last edited by Letian.wang on Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Letian.wang

Back to top Go down

Post by Letian.wang Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:55 am

From the prospect of China's stimulus, it has worked a little too well. One cause for concern, or at least vigilance, is inflation. The consumer price index rose 1.9 per cent in December against the level of a year. More broadly, an ebullient stock market and buoyant property prices suggest stimulus money is leaking into speculative investments.

Letian.wang

Back to top Go down

Post by zhaojun Wan万朝君 Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:25 am

I believe the food-safety problem is a big concern and challenge in China. It greatly influence the citizen's confidence to the country. Fake food or polluted food, big concern.
besides, I agree others' opinion. The economy transformation is a must, or the economy could not develop well continuously.
A balanced and fair Society is also what people want to see. Resources are mostly occupied higher social classes with power. Rich are richer and poor and poorer, big problem.

zhaojun Wan万朝君

Back to top Go down

Post by YANG Jing Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:57 pm

Environment and the tendency of aging.

YANG Jing

Back to top Go down

Post by Yonglei Xu Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:43 pm

What Leo said is right and I agree.
But I want to highlight one thing, People aging issue,which is top in my mind.The actual situation in China is different from other country.There are a big lack in this budget due to the pension system,so currently young working people give their pension insurance to the Retired ones,not saving in their personal pension account.The issue will come out when the young people decrease in the next decade;
Another challenge is the Faith. Maybe this is not only for this decade but for long time.If Chinese people think money is most important,the issues like air pollution,food safety can not be eliminated completely.

Yonglei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post by Lujinyuan Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:08 am

I will list top 3 challenges as follows:
1) New breakthrough technologies especially in biology and physics.
2) Social culture changes
3) Transition of Economy growth

Some people may list economic or political factors as the most important one. But in my opinion, it is technology that will finally shape and bring a new pattern of development. Thus, without breakthrough in science, China will never easily get rid of its inertial development model even it would announce many kinds of revolutions in economy and politics.

Moreover, development models mainly come from the cultural structure of a society. Any transition or reform won't succeed if people are not prepared to embrace a new era. Thus, I think the social culture changes are more important than economy transitions.

Last but not least, political, cultural and economic factors are combined, or as some experts put it, were each other's premises. We can not get one thing down without changing another one. Thus, it's still a long way to go.

Lujinyuan

Back to top Go down

Post by CHANG Yan, Carol Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:58 am

Lujinyuan wrote:I will list top 3 challenges as follows:
1) New breakthrough technologies especially in biology and physics.
2) Social culture changes
3) Transition of Economy growth

Some people may list economic or political factors as the most important one. But in my opinion, it is technology that will finally shape and bring a new pattern of development. Thus, without breakthrough in science, China will never easily get rid of its inertial development model even it would announce many kinds of revolutions in economy and politics.

Moreover, development models mainly come from the cultural structure of a society. Any transition or reform won't succeed if people are not prepared to embrace a new era. Thus, I think the social culture changes are more important than economy transitions.

Last but not least, political, cultural and economic factors are combined, or as some experts put it, were each other's premises. We can not get one thing down without changing another one. Thus, it's still a long way to go.

Agree that technology upgrading is the next way out for China Economy, take manufacturing industry for instance, what so far we are disappointed to see is most of the local producers don't have enough patience and investment to R&D, innovation for new products, but only in short sight only to gain more money in, which led to their technology only based on "copy", while for most of the cases, copying can only achieve similarity but never the same, with low cost of the copy products and not too bad quality and performance into economy, only will bring down the whole value of all concerned industries in China economy, led to the whole industry toward to low cost probably, but less technology innovation, not good enough quality, inferior product performance, etc. while this lack of patience in business for sure is related to the anxiety of the whole society in China's fast growing process...

CHANG Yan, Carol

Back to top Go down

Post by Zou Fuyong Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:20 am

While many countries have lower labor rates than China, China’s rate is still a fraction of the labor rates in US/EU and no other country has the infrastructure needed to handle even a small slice of China manufacturing base in strategic industries. Yes, shoes are made in Vietnam and socks in Pakistan, but it’s going to be a long time before the iPad can be made anywhere other than China. Increased costs may force some factories out of the Pearl River Delta but the mainland will remain the workshop of the world. Because they have the manufacturing experience, access to capital, infrastructure and supply base well entrenched.

Zou Fuyong

Back to top Go down

Post by XU Iris (Shanshan) Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:12 am

Increasing labor cost definitely will be a challenge for China economy. We can see more and more manufacturing industry move out from China to India and Vietnam. Even within China, some plants have been moved out from Shanghai and Beijing to second-tier cities due to higher manpower cost in core cities.

Lack of innovation spirit is also a downside. In China, copy product is so widespread. People pursue emulation but miss out creativity. To keep core-competitiveness, we must develop something new.

XU Iris (Shanshan)

Back to top Go down

Post by ZHANG Ji Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:00 pm

The world will become more stratified, with some developed countries struggling in financial quagmires, while others will witness a quick and robust recovery. This has highlighted another feature of China's identity as an "emerging power".

ZHANG Ji

Back to top Go down

Post by marvin5 Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:25 pm

Agree with Leo, about the third one, I prefer Chinese enterprises should spend more cost on developing their core technology first.

marvin5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down