MBA@Fudan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jan Garbarek

3 posters

Go down

Jan Garbarek Empty Jan Garbarek

Post by PENG, YAJUAN Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:33 am

It's amazing and sexy. That's what I felt at the rhythm of Jan Garbarek's works.

I bet few of us can tell out his nationality by judging his Jazz only, as his Jazz is exotic: Turkey, Brazil, India, anywhere of Gyspy and/or Babylon style, you name it.

His jazz is also diversified. You can relate it with opera, symphony, movie or even commercials. It even reminded me of Richard Strauss' Till Eulenspiegel and a piece of De Beers' commercials broadcasted in India. Both broke into my life years ago. I believe he is really an imaginative, otherwise he cannot make it.

He's really creative, but in my eyes, he is quite old-school and mysterious.

I didn't follow Professor Ali's recommendation. I didn't finish Officium Novum, as this Album sounds to "gorgeous" to me, if I may say so.

Instead, I recommend Afterland, Ragas And Sagas and Legend Of The Seven Dreams.

Make sure all is quiet around you when you enjoy the music, otherwise you cannot appreciate the beauty of it.

Cheers!

FYI, Jan Garbarek is a Norwegian. Surprise?

PENG, YAJUAN

Back to top Go down

Jan Garbarek Empty Re: Jan Garbarek

Post by PENG, YAJUAN Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:01 pm

Just want to recommend Michael Buble's album "Call Me Irresponsible" to you if you are interested in jazz music, or modern jazz in particular.

By the way, Miles Davis' Jazz is amazing and classic, and I love it!

PENG, YAJUAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Chen Yonglei Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi Stephanie,

I think you are really fascinated with JAZZ music. It would be my honor to hear your introduction of JAZZ if possible on day. Very Happy What a Face What a Face What a Face afro

Chen Yonglei

Back to top Go down

Post by Lin Jue-Celina Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:57 am

I think we should spend some time to explore the jazz clubs in shanghai ! Some of them are really nice!

Lin Jue-Celina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum