MBA@Fudan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you like Jazz? Or other type of Music?

+11
ZHANG Ji
nancysdm
elaine.dong
Zou Fuyong
LI Yingxin
Jing Huang
黄如艺
TANG Jianzhong
YANG Jing
Yonglei Xu
Shirley Zheng
15 posters

Go down

How do you like Jazz? Or other type of Music? Empty How do you like Jazz? Or other type of Music?

Post by Shirley Zheng Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:22 am

Jazz has proved to be very difficult to define. It's all music that includes swing, improvising, group interaction, individual performance and always open to different music types. Ladies and gentlemen, do you have any album to recommend? Or, if you have any plans for the coming National Holiday?

Shirley Zheng

Back to top Go down

How do you like Jazz? Or other type of Music? Empty Re: How do you like Jazz? Or other type of Music?

Post by Yonglei Xu Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:03 pm

《sympathique》 from Pink Martini.

Yonglei Xu

Back to top Go down

How do you like Jazz? Or other type of Music? Empty Re: How do you like Jazz? Or other type of Music?

Post by YANG Jing Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:57 pm

I've tried to hear some jazz, but failed. I will try your recommend later. And looking forward to your group presentation in Oct

YANG Jing

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirley Zheng Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:26 pm

Thank you.

I Love this song! On repeat before I go to Paris~ Very Happy I also searched the video for this, interesting and lightened my day~

Yonglei Xu wrote:《sympathique》 from Pink Martini.

Shirley Zheng

Back to top Go down

Post by TANG Jianzhong Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:51 pm

To be honest, I seldom listen to Jazz before. Thanks to the recommendation of Prof. Ali, I begin to listen to Jazz, and I am more and more interested in it because it gives my brain some kind of freedom for imagination and visualization.

TANG Jianzhong

Back to top Go down

Post by 黄如艺 Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:20 am

I was not a fan of Jazz since it's not predictable. I like control things!!!! Smile
But recently I listened Jazz when writing the case study. It's actually pretty fun and I don't feel boring typing all these words~~~

I've always like Norah Jones and her songs really are really good. It's true that I didn't like Jazz bands but like Norah seems a little bit contradictory... hahaha

黄如艺

Back to top Go down

Post by Jing Huang Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:54 pm

I started listening to Jazz recently, since Professor Ali introduced to us. It can make be peaceful and silent. However, I cannot recognize different types yet, but I'll keep trying.

Jing Huang

Back to top Go down

Post by LI Yingxin Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:46 am

The amaze of Jazz is you never knows what the next note will be. Unlike classical and pop music, there's even no "pattern" for Jazz players but the rhythm and freewill that lead the melody trends and maintain the balance of time and space. Due to the cultural difference, I don't listen to Jazz, if still in its traditional understanding and definition, but I like composing music before on Midi apps. Folks are the source of inspiration as it's deeply embed in our blood and gene memory.

LI Yingxin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zou Fuyong Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:28 am

Like Jazz music, and learn a musical instrument is not the same, like to listen to Jazz music without having to spend a lot of time and effort, learning music and Musical Instruments must devote a lot of time and energy on their practice. So, be easy and relax, just enjoy the Jazz.

Zou Fuyong

Back to top Go down

Post by elaine.dong Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:20 am

Jazz actualy is a with much diversities. It is an "individual playing" while, requires group interaction, and the different combinations of individual and group interactions composed various posibilities.
Really amazing!

elaine.dong

Back to top Go down

Post by nancysdm Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:02 am

I did not know much of Jazz before the CBI course. Thanks to Prof. Ali’s recommendation and his case analysis assignment “Miles Davis: Kind of Blue”, I had the chance to learn more about Jazz music. To be frankly, it is a bit difficult for me to understand Jazz probably due to cultural difference. As a Chinese, I like Chinese Traditional Music more. But during our meditating practice in the class, I did find that listening to Jazz music can bring our mind a piece of peace and relaxation.

nancysdm

Back to top Go down

Post by ZHANG Ji Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:22 pm

To be frankly,I just know a little about Jazz before CBI course.but I will to learn more about it till now.haha!

ZHANG Ji

Back to top Go down

Post by Lujinyuan Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:00 am

The music players of jazz are freer and more creative than their peers. In this sense, they are more like artists than their peers who should obey more rules. Well, I like jazz but not so obsessed with it. After all, artists' work are best understood by themselves.

Lujinyuan

Back to top Go down

Post by CHANG Yan, Carol Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:48 pm

To be honest, really cannot quite dive into Jazz than other musics, the only feeling when listening Jazz is it makes me "flying free"!

But one thing professor Ali mentioned on our second class that he said Jazz can enlighten your creative thougts, at that moment I was thinking other kind musics also sometimes can perform this function, they are also combination of lots of different elements, they need to colleborate harmoniously, also sometimes can give you some really good ideas...

CHANG Yan, Carol

Back to top Go down

Post by XU Iris (Shanshan) Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:17 am

Jazz is not bad. I do like Norah Jones, a very Jazz style singer.

Jazz is not just a type of music, it's a real art which need creative and collaboration.

XU Iris (Shanshan)

Back to top Go down

Post by marvin5 Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:03 pm

Obviously,Jazz is difficult to play, but it is kind of hard to enjoy to me, I like the type
of music with east style, which is easy to understand, such as Chinese music, Japanese music, I can play Er hu, and I also try to learn Japanese instrument: shakuhachi.

marvin5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down