MBA@Fudan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shall we talk something about JAZZ?

4 posters

Go down

Shall we talk something about JAZZ? Empty Shall we talk something about JAZZ?

Post by Zhao Chunhao Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:17 pm

It is so interesting that Professor has illustrated Miles Davis in the case study of creativity and innovation, shall we talk something about your feeling of the JAZZ music and what we can use it for your business or your life?
I guess that many feelings in the business management is like the style of JAZZ, but i can not find the logic behind it. Maybe there is no logic behind the art and you can not explain it.

Zhao Chunhao

Back to top Go down

Shall we talk something about JAZZ? Empty Re: Shall we talk something about JAZZ?

Post by wangtao Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:18 pm

It is a good question.I am wangtao. I was reviewing the stories of ' the making of a nation' from the programs of VOA. Maybe we could find sth from the history of USA about Jazz. I remmber it was after World War 1st. The economy of USA was very good.
So People could do more than before. So Jazz came to us. We could use the words 'free','integration','etc to define Jazz music. It is not like classical music. Jazz is diffenrent.No standard.Maybe no standard is standard. No Logic. Maybe no logic is logic.
Jazz is power. Jazz is happiness. Jazz is exciting.Jazz is life.Jazz is sth new.
From new,of new, and for new.
from change,of change, and for change.
Last week MR.Ali talked a lot about Jazz.And he said I am a happy man.Thanks Ali. And I should say I leared a lot from it, including Jazz.
We need Jazz. our generation need Jazz. Our county needs Jazz too.
Jazz means sth new.
Jazz means change.
Jazz means more.
So enjoy the music Jazz and not just the Jazz music.
SO enjoy the life with others your family,your friends,etc.

I have not prepared for this reply. Just write down what I am thinking about.
Thank you.
Thanks for your topics.

wang tao in FUDAN (now 2nd floor ,out side of classroom of 205)

wangtao

Back to top Go down

Shall we talk something about JAZZ? Empty Re: Shall we talk something about JAZZ?

Post by Liu Na Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:28 am

After taking two classes of CBI, it interested me to explore this kind music. It’s so embarrassed that I know little about it.
Asians are really into Karaoke lifestyle. People judge you’ll be a good singer by almost imitating flawlessly the original singer. You try to practice, practice in the Karaoke room. Jazz is totally different. You need have your unique style. If you want to be a great Jazz singer, you need to enrich your soul to get to know humanities and aesthetics beyond singing skills. Likewise, you want to be a good leader, perhaps you need to have your own style gradually.

Btw,Miles Davis once said, “If you make a mistake, make it twice”. So, don’t fear to make mistakes. Mistakes improve us.
Just write down my personal thoughts.

Liu Na

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Alma Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:30 pm

Jazz is a music genre that originated from African American communities of New Orleans in the United States during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It emerged in the form of independent traditional and popular musical styles, all linked by the common bonds of African American and European American musical parentage with a performance orientation.
The foundation of Jazz is deeply rooted within the black American, it encompassed a very wide range of music, different national, regional and cultures have contributed their won experience and styles to the art form over a hundred years of its development, which gave raise to many distinctive styles.
A good music is not just a piece for listening, but to be able to drive your mood, immerse into its atmosphere, addicted like a dolphin dive into the deep ocean. Kind of Blue is the record of this type. Its mystery, poetic, quiet, sadness, sexy. “Herbie Hancock[1] said: if you want a kind of music to make love to, that 's it.” If you play this record when you are holding a glass of wine, or driving at night, it must be very lovely.

Happy Alma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down