MBA@Fudan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2016-Monkey mind

+46
Carey_Chu
marie.tung
Happy Alma
狂奔的蜗牛
nancy70800
ellenlu
Luke HE
baoheng2018
Limengmeng
Jerry SONG
tangdonghua
lynn0620
Wu Wei
baiyun
Shen-ling
lance_li
GUO SHU001
ydgu
lindaxie
ViviZha
caspermh
lisanhao1112@hotmail.com
cheng.dai
wqinsh
irisgogogo
Nathan Ni
miaoweichao
Cui Jing
Emma Xu
Victor Chung
Ji.wei
camille.chalons
amiechen
rocky_xu
superkellyzhou
HM-Mary SONG
popigao
Daisy_Lujing Wang
dianexiadi
hku_fudan_cloud
laurapeiqian
EvanWang2016
Luisa_Xu
lizzy_luyan
lawrence wang
Admin
50 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2016-Monkey mind - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016-Monkey mind

Post by cheng.dai Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:39 pm

It's always said that a genius can do multi-task and imporve their efficiency by multi-tasking, but what I learned from the article is that concentration is the only ways to control your self for normal people. We are all normal. Inner peace is one thing that is usually ignored but really helps you on your work.

cheng.dai

Back to top Go down

Post by lisanhao1112@hotmail.com Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:42 am

In my opinion,monkey mind just like instinct.Sometimes it is a way for us to make decision and it is reliable.For example when someone thirst for some kind of food,that always shows that maybe he is short of some kind of nutrition that kind of food can supply. Also when we doing something such as we are on a project,then we feels something just wrong,but logically we can't tell which part,usually this feeling comes true.
Otherwise,monkey mind also drive us to make reasonless decision. A study shows that if somebody wants to buy something in your collection,you always ask for a higher price,even higher than you to buy a brand new one. That because human always overrate the things they holding.
There is a creativity using the overrating theory,when China Unicom selling iPhone in China they use a special promotion skill,they changed selling into renting,this makes people get the iPhone with a lower pay but high renting fee.when the consumer takes iPhone home,this phone become the consumer's personal collection,they are willing to pay the higher paying. The selling result we all have known China Unicom earned the market share.

lisanhao1112@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by caspermh Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:13 pm

Really impressive about the article. As in my childhood, parents always wanted me to raise a habit of being concentrate, so that I can do the things more efficient. However, according to the monkey mind article, mind wandering could , to some extent, make the connection with current experience with the old one, thus making the memorizing more easily and efficiently. Very different from my old understanding.

caspermh

Back to top Go down

Post by caspermh Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:24 pm

miaoweichao wrote:I always experience this kind of thinking called "Monkey thinking" before bed.  Before reading this two passages, I hate this kind of conceptual mind , made me awake all night finding solutions for daytime problems,  however, with no results.  I really want to know in detail how to “synchronizing mind and body”.

As far as I learnt from the article, I think monkey mind does not always lead to a solution, it may stimulate the possibility of innovation. so in your case ,iI suggest U just stop thinking and go to bed earlier tongue

caspermh

Back to top Go down

Post by ViviZha Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:53 am

We live and lead in an increasingly volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous world. But paradoxically, I think people today must not merely act more quickly but pause more deeply. An antidote to our addiction to speed and transaction, pause is a conscious, intentional process of stepping back to reflect and deliberate, and then lead forward with greater clarity and impact. Rather than merely doing more, we must learn to pause and to do things differently in order to grow, achieve and innovate.

ViviZha

Back to top Go down

Post by ViviZha Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:10 am

Fast thinking is the domain of management transaction, while slow thinking is the leadership domain of strategic, innovative transformation.Actually every leader is on a journey from being a transaction-focused manager to an authentic leader that inspires real change. But for most, slowing down to drive performance is counter to instinct, especially when they have been rewarded for speed and action. But stepping forward to act, particularly in complex situations, without first stepping back for information, clarity, and connection to what is most important can be disastrous.

ViviZha

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaxie Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:21 am

To be frank,i seldom exert myself in something.In the before i thought that it is because i am creative or energetic.However,as getting older and more mature,i realized that this kind of monkey mind can hinder my progress most of the time.Realized that does not mean that i will kill my monkey mind.Actually it is impossible and anti-humanity.What we need to do is to find a balance between focused too much and monkey mind too much.That is difficult and i also want to learn this through upcoming lessons.

lindaxie

Back to top Go down

Post by ydgu Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:41 pm

I am a Yoga exerciser. Monkey mind always show up during my meditation unconsciously. When I realize d that mind was leaping to another place or imaginary scenario which is even does't exist. I have to push and persuade myself to come back to my body. Sometimes I just let it go when that picture is so comfortable. ha.. How to get rid of the monkey mind possibly would be a essential skill for modern persons in daily work and daily life. Try to find a method suitable for yourself to beat the "Monkey". Yoga might be mine and let me be able to concentrate in a longer time.

ydgu

Back to top Go down

Post by ydgu Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:45 pm

I am a Yoga exerciser. Monkey mind always show up during my meditation unconsciously. When I realize d that mind was leaping to another place or imaginary scenario which is even does't exist. I have to push and persuade myself to come back to my body. Sometimes I just let it go when that picture is so comfortable. ha.. How to get rid of the monkey mind possibly would be a essential skill for modern persons in daily work and daily life. Try to find a method suitable for yourself to beat the "Monkey". Yoga might be mine and let me be able to concentrate in a longer time.

ydgu

Back to top Go down

Post by ydgu Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:46 pm

ydgu

Back to top Go down

Post by GUO SHU001 Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:25 pm

Monkey Mind is the thoughts naturely come to our minds, each individuals will have there own thoughts when sitting in the same place doing the sameting, and creativity simply comes from thoes differences, so never force your mind on thinking about something that seems to be "useful", just set your mind free and let your mind go wherever you want. but when you happen to find an interesting idea occurs, try your best to work out a visible plan and act it out. That is, from my point of view, how monkey minds leads to innovation creativity

GUO SHU001

Back to top Go down

Post by lance_li Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:02 pm

Learning to manage your monkey mind is one of the best things you can do to optimize your thinking method.  Take time to practice simple meditation on a regular basis. Learn how to change the conversations in your head.

lance_li

Back to top Go down

Post by Shen-ling Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:56 am

Distractions sometimes do good to creativity. If we can carefully work with the monkey mind, it may help us to have new ideas.

Shen-ling

Back to top Go down

Post by baiyun Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:35 pm

This is exactly happening to me even when I need to be very focus on some tasks. The monkey mind is always here and there driving me to stop doing the on-hand job and turn to something else. It is difficult to clean the mind not driving by mind money. Even in the flight landing that basically I can do nothing, the mind still can not have a rest. Good to read this article and know where is the problems. Next week I should try to control the money mind, practices.
-Baiyun

baiyun

Back to top Go down

Post by Wu Wei Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:45 am

This is desirable because the monkey mind is in an agitated state. It dreads something that may occur in the future or fixates on something that happened in the past. It jumps around, resting briefly on one of the many thoughts that pop up before moving on to something else. Learning to recognize this tendency and disengage from it helps us be calmer, less stressed, and more productive.

Wu Wei

Back to top Go down

Post by lynn0620 Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:44 pm

The monkey mind is very light and variable, the body is heavier and more stable, so as the monkey mind interacts with the body it begins to slow down and settle. We can use it well one day for more focused and concentrated on a particular thing.I really hope our teacher can tell us some ways to train it.If we train ourselves and learn how to control it, we can benefit a lot from it. Monkey mind is a very mystical thing for me actually. I never heard of this saying before this class, but I think nearly everyone had experienced it everyday.

lynn0620

Back to top Go down

Post by tangdonghua Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:38 am

I think I have manage my time and schedule very welll, but still, I can feel the monkey mind flashing around my head. So I tried to catch the jumping monkeys. However, it's not easy to train my brain to fully control monkey mind.

tangdonghua

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry SONG Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:21 am

Monkey mind pop ups to everybody! It is essential to take control of our own minds.

Jerry SONG

Back to top Go down

Post by Limengmeng Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:37 pm

For people who live in a busy city with a high-pressure working style, it's really hard to keep your mind focusing on one thing without jumping from here to there. Monkey mind is something common for everyone but also, we should try to control that. Meditation is one way to control that, but it needs time to practice, and it's something I will keep trying.

Limengmeng

Back to top Go down

Post by baoheng2018 Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:17 pm

I think I can orgnise my work and home time very well, but I can feel the monkey mind flashing around my head. So I tried to catch the jumping monkeys. However, it's not easy to train my brain to fully control monkey mind.

baoheng2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke HE Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:26 pm

Human beings into the civilized society for about 10 thousand years, which in the long history of evolution is just a short moment. Our bodies and minds have many aspects that retain the characteristics of our prehistoric ancestors. Monkey Mind is one of the legacy of our ancestors left. We now have to fight against it and try to control it to make a meaningful mind. This is one of evolutionary processes in civilized society.

Luke HE

Back to top Go down

Post by ellenlu Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:02 pm

The monkey mind is existing in everyone's subconscious but rarely has been realized. This article and the class has taught and delivered us a very interesting introduction and practice on how to recognize and tame the monkey mind, through which we could be more concentrated and productive. Under the rapidly development environment and chaotic society, we are too busy to stop for a while and inspect what are going around us. The meditation with monkey mind well trained would benefit us a lot to refresh our mind and shake off unnecessary distractions. Be the strong master of our mind, and eventually the real master of our lives.

ellenlu

Back to top Go down

Post by nancy70800 Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:29 pm

I used to do cross legged meditation, I can do this position for half an hour, but I cannot concentration thinking nothing for 2 mins. I always blamed myself of lacking of perseverance, but now I know I have the monkey mind which sometimes like an imaginations enemy to me. I worried about something may not come. It costs me a lot of time to doing nothing. We think something we know which we don't know. But more often, we used to say " I don't know" to avoid fully responsibility, actually after a deep research, we may know it.

nancy70800

Back to top Go down

Post by 狂奔的蜗牛 Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:58 pm

From the case , I learning to manage my mind is one of the best things i can do transform fear. Pay attention to how my monkeys act--- listen to them and get to know them, especially, the Fear Monkey. Take to practice simple meditation on a regular basis. Learn how to change the conversations my head. Practice kind, Loving, Positive self-talk and see how it can transform my fears.

狂奔的蜗牛

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Alma Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:07 pm

Very interesting but also very true. I feel that i was being disturbed by think kind of monkey mind almost every day! and i believe that We all have monkey minds,like our mind was filled with drunken monkeys, jumping around, screeching, chattering, carrying on endlessly. Fear is an especially loud monkey, sounding the alarm incessantly, pointing out all the things we should be wary of and everything that could go wrong. sometimes we aware of it, sometimes we don’t. Buddha said, if you will spend some time each day in quiet meditation — simply calm your mind by focusing on your breathing or a simple mantra — you can, over time, tame the monkeys.They will grow more peaceful if you lovingly bring them into submission with a consistent practice of meditation. we all should try and learn how to manage our monkey mind with practicing on a regular basis. the 10 minutes practice of meditation before each of our class is a good beginning....

Happy Alma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next